Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Summering in Springfield

I went on vacation. My vacation was supposed to start on Friday 6pm however Monday morning met me at the office which I did not leave until Monday @ 7pm. I might have a slight workaholic problem. After working on my vacation day I decided that Tuesday would be a day of sloth. I did laundry, went to the hardware store, went to the Indian movie store, and I made arrangements with my sister to come and get me on their way back to Springfield from DC, where they went for Carnival. I packed and watched some Indian movies.
On Wednesday,I went to Springfield via the scenic route, Hutchinson to Merritt. I was so proud of myself because I did not pack any crafting material, but I did bring my drill & bits, a hammer and some nails, and my copper wire. I intended to make an antennae while I was up there. When we got to Springfield I was feeling antsy. I wanted to get out there and see the world. No body was feeling me. Ha ha I forgot, while everybody was chillaxing I made some sugar scrubs. All the while being ridiculed for my lack of ability to relax, but to me that was relaxing. Doing nothing at home is not relaxing. I fact it does the opposite to me. I feel tense.
After they all rested, we went to play tennis. I forgot how much I really love that game and bashing balls against something. I used to play racquet ball at university. Now I just have to find me a racquet club or a tennis partner. I am awesome. (in my own mind)
I can't remember what we did on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday and I don't think that is a good thing. I reconnected with my friend, JWB. I went to 5 Mile Lake which is hell beautiful and right off Boston Road. I would have really gotten into the scenery more and the whole ambiance of it all if some loud people weren't around. Nature should be enjoyed in absolute silence. Of course my family was poking me all the time about my need to go into nature, but that is my nature. I love to be in the wilderness. I could spend days out there just sitting in the loveliness of it all. I wanted to channel my inner John Muir.
I left Springfield on Sunday, it was the best return from MA ever. No traffic and I had the seat all to myself.
All in all a restful vacation. However, it was only this morning @ 7am my body felt it was time to tuck down for some major sleep and sloth too bad it was a work day. Laters.

No comments:

Post a Comment