Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The Mirror Effect

The examination oneself can prove the be a daunting, but productive task. I am without a doubt issue ridden and full of pain, but it has not stayed my pursuit of a life beyond those points. I hope for the best, I live in faith and I push my envelop. The mirror serves to show us the we we are now, but it also reflects the possibility for the future.
This morning I looked in the mirror and for the first time ever I saw age on my face. I was startled, and unamused. That was about 6 am, and I have not looked since, but I am hoping at my next inspection my youthful glow would have returned to me. The image I saw this morning has been haunting me, lurking with thoughts of a passing life, failure, sadness. However, as I was writing this blog I began to think about the positive possibilities that await me. Because although my reflection show me here now, I don't have to stay, I can change the future. Not with any hocus-pocus and poof it is all good, but if I change my attitude I change my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment